Are you planning having a Home Services Business or do you already have one? I know what are you thinking? You want to be successful, right? To be successful in-home services industry you must do online marketing, why? Look! Here’s the fact backed by data, as more than 78 percent of internet users perform product research and services online.
But take note! There are a lot of great home services businesses out there. How could you stand out from all of them? There’s a way, you must enter YouTube marketing!
An optimized YouTube channel could help you so much to reach an entirely new group of potential customers. This article helps you get insight into why it’s worth using YouTube marketing and we also list step-by-step instructions on how to properly do it.
Are you ready? Let’s jump into it.
YouTube Marketing is Important for Your Home Service Business
If you have trouble deciding how to spend your marketing budget. It’s a must to use data-backed statistics as part of your decision-making process. For example, here are the stats that show how sufficient YouTube marketing can be.
- YouTube has more than 2 billion monthly active users.
- YouTube reaches more 18-34-year-olds than any TV network.
- 80 percent of marketers feel that YouTube marketing is the most sufficient video marketing platform.
In addition, creating powerful YouTube content is one of the most effective ways to boost your SEO results. An educational content works best for this because it is perfectly matched as a home services company.
See how YouTube Marketing can benefit your company in the following ways:
- Helps you stand out from the competition
- Boost your SEO results
- Gets your company in front of the tough-to-reach 18-34-year-old demographic
- Gives you access to a huge userbase
The good news is, you don’t need to pay even a dime to start a YouTube channel for your home services film videos. You can use paid ads to advertise your channel if you want, but you can still be effective without doing so.
Step by Step on how to Start YouTube Marketing for your Company
You don't need to become tech-savvy to start your home services YouTube Channel. All you need to do is to make sure you finish reading this step by step instructions and you're good to go! Let's get it on!
Number 1: Create Your Channel
The first thing is you need to create your YouTube Channel. Google-owned YouTube, so you need to simply sign in to the Gmail account that you want your YouTube account to be connected to.
During the sign-up process, you will have an opportunity to choose your name. Make sure that you click on ‘use a business or other name’.
Number 2: Understand Your Audience
Making video content and uploading it is very easy, don’t think too much about it. First, you need to know what people want and care about. That is why you need to spend some time learning what they want and what matters to them. There are lots of ways to research your target audience. You could do so by digging into your website data, for example, and seeing what type of content gets viewed the most. Also, you can ask your audience directly. Your customers will tell you what type of content would get them to watch your YouTube videos. If you do that you will know the trends that emerge as you start asking more people.
Number 3: Do Some Research
It's a good idea to have a look at your competitor’s site and also your favorite channels before starting to make your own YouTube videos. It will set your sight on the specific type of content that you want to make.
- You could look at a competitor’s channel and see how that videos get the most views. That would let you know that you should probably prioritize those types of videos on your channel as well.
- Another item to look at during this stage is the length of videos that perform best on your favorite channels. Your audience may have a preference for shorter or longer YouTube videos and it’ll be important to know that before creating your own.
Number 4: Create Videos That Can Generate Views
Remember your goal when creating your first video. Make video content that can get as many views as possible. Doing so will get you more views and engagement with your business.
So, how do you create Youtube videos that generate views? Here are some tips to get you started:
- Optimize your video titles and descriptions for SEO
- Use eye-catching thumbnails
- Share your videos on your social media accounts
- Embed videos on your website
- Create playlists of related videos
- Respond to comments on your Youtube channel
- Partner with other Youtube creators who have their audiences
Please note: There's a case your videos didn't make more views and it'll take some trial and error to figure out which types of YouTube videos work best for your goals. Just keep trying and refining your approach, you absolutely will eventually.
Number 5: Schedule and Upload Your Videos
Once you've finished filming and editing your first video, you'll be ready to hit the upload button. This is a fairly straightforward process.
Number 6: Fine-Tune Your Channel To Gain Subscribers
Why do you need to tune well your YouTube Channel? Because you need to gather more and more subscribers as possible. Subscribers are important because your videos will automatically show up in their feeds and they've already expressed interest in your content. So as your number of subscribers grows, your number of views should increase proportionally. To gain more subscribers, you’ll need to create a channel that people want to keep coming back to. You can do that by making sure that your banner pictures and profile pictures are a high-resolution eye-catchers and engaging.
You can also use some of Youtube’s built-in features to create a better channel page, such as:
- Grouping similar videos together into playlists
- Creating a trailer for your channel
- Including a clear call to action on your page and in your videos
Number 7: Advertise Your Channel
Did you know that you can grow your home services YouTube Channel organically? But it will so much time. If you want to speed up that process, then you may consider paid YouTube advertisement.
Here are the two major ways to do it:
- First, you can pay for Youtube ads. These typically cost between $0.10 and $0.30 per view or action.
- Second, you can pay a Youtuber with a larger channel to advertise yours through an influencer marketing deal. These can be more effective than paid Youtube ads because they feel more organic and you’ll be able to appeal directly to an audience who has already demonstrated an interest in the type of content that you want to make.
If you prefer influencer advertising, you can start reaching out to some of your favorite channels and asking for their rates.
Number 8: Analyze Your Performance And Grow
If you’re going to start a Youtube channel for your home services company, then it’s important to use a long-term approach. If you’ve never uploaded videos to YouTube before, then it’s going to take some time to figure it out. That’s why it’s important to analyze the performance of the videos that you post. You can do this with YouTube’s built-in analytics feature, which looks like the screenshot below. It’s also a good idea to try out different strategies in each video that you upload so that you can use data to figure out which approach will be best for future content.
- You might upload one 5-minutes long video and another that’s 10-minutes long. You could then compare your viewership for each video to see which one performs best and use that length moving forward.
Number 9: Direct Users Back To Your Website
Remember your goal is to find new customers for your home services business. Use the power of YouTube Marketing by creating a YouTube channel so you can get these prospects into your sales funnel and start working towards converting them. But in the end, you’re going to need a powerful website that stands out. You need to partner with a professional website design service if you haven’t done so already.
Okason Software Can Help Your Home Service Website Generate And Convert More Leads
Okason Software is here to help you create a website that allows you to get as much out of your YouTube marketing strategy as possible. Our sites are high-quality, customized, and designed to help you find and convert as many leads as possible. But don’t just take our word for it. Get in touch with us today to learn more about what we can do to help you take your home services website to the next level.
Subscribe to our business growth newsletter
We share relevant tips, and growth tactics to grow your home services business.